Head of Human Resources, Head of CO Africa (acting), Nokia Siemens Networks Executive Board Member
- In charge of driving the strategic development of Nokia Siemens Networks’ worldwide workforce through defining, enabling and implementing stringent and aligned Human Resources practices and processes throughout the company
- Joined Siemens in 1983
Diploma in Telecommunications from the University of Deutsche Bundespost in Dieburg/ Darmstadt, Germany in 1981
Diploma in Economics from the University of Applied Sciences in Pforzheim, Germany in 1983
- Head of West South Europe region, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2007-2009
- Head of Asia Pacific for Mobile Networks, Siemens, 2003-2007
- Head of Operations for Mobile Networks, Siemens, 2001-2003
- Head of Region Central-East and North Europe for Mobile Networks, Siemens, 1998-2001
- Head of Mobile Networks in Indonesia, Siemens, 1994-1998
- various management positions, Siemens, 1983-1994
With Hans-Jürgen’s long history of deep customer relationships, developing new opportunities in the highly diverse telecommunications market as well as having worked with many of the world’s largest global operators, Nokia Siemens Networks has elected a strong, proven business leader to head the team which has a major role in creating the strategic workforce for today’s and tomorrow’s needs. As a member of Nokia Siemens Networks’ Global Executive Board, he reports directly to the company’s CEO, Rajeev Suri.
When Nokia Siemens Networks formed in April 2007, Hans-Jürgen became Head of West South Europe region for the company. In that role, he led the company’s operations and activities in a diverse market comprising of 30 countries, responsible for driving sales and services.
Hans-Jürgen has more than fifteen years of experience in the telecommunications industry. Prior to Nokia Siemens Networks, Hans-Jürgen held a range of diverse roles in different units at Siemens which he joined in 1983. From 1994, he was Head of Siemens Mobile Networks in Indonesia. In 1998, he became Head of Region Central-East and North Europe for Siemens Mobile Networks and then served as Head of Operations and later as Head of Asia Pacific for Siemens Mobile Networks.
He is a German native, born in 1960 in Limburg/Germany, and lives close to Munich. He is married with two sons, and enjoys sports and outdoor activities such as skiing and jogging.