- Portfolio A to Z
- Carrier Ethernet Transport
- Customer Care Automation
- Customer Experience Management (CEM) for Liquid Net
- Device Management
- Heterogeneous Networks
- Integrated Packet Transport Network
- Mobile Backhaul
- Mobile Site Connectivity
- Multi Vendor Configuration Management and Optimization
- Multilayer Optimization
- Multiservice IP Backbone
- Network Sharing
- Operator Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Policy Integration Package
- Quality of Service Differentiation
- Self Organizing Networks
- Service Operations and Management
- Smartphone Friendly Networks
- Subscriber Data Management
- Voice over LTE
- WCDMA Refarming
- Liquid Net
- Customer Experience Management
- Latest launches and updates
- Business Needs
- News & Events
- Innovative thinking
- About us
- Global presence
- Government relations and policies
- Contact us
- Directory of contacts
Head of Greater China: Markus Borchert
- Currently heads all operations in Greater China for Nokia Siemens Networks
- Responsible for sales, business management, delivery and operations across Greater China
- Previously Global Head of Sales and Marketing, Radio Access BU
- President, Nokia Siemens Networks Greater China, March 2012
- Head of Customer Operations, Greater China Region, Nokia Siemens Networks, from 2010
- Global Head of Sales and Marketing, Radio Access Business Unit, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2007-2009
- Senior VP, Head of Strategy and Marketing, Siemens Mobile Networks, 2005-2007
- Senior VP, Head of Global Customer Unit Vodafone, Siemens Mobile Networks, 2001-2005
- Multiple leadership and management roles, Siemens Nixdorf Information Systems and Siemens Business Services, 1991-2001
With more than 20 years of international experience in the telecommunications, IT and IT Services industries, Markus is a leader that is passionate about driving innovation, customer satisfaction, strategic breakthroughs and business turnarounds.
He was appointed to President of Nokia Siemens Networks Greater China in early 2012 as expansion of his previous role as head of Customer Operations for the Greater China region. He leads all operations across Greater China including sales, business management, delivery and operations.
From 2007-09 Markus was leading the worldwide Sales and Marketing activities of the Radio Access business unit of Nokia Siemens Networks. Under his leadership Nokia Siemens Networks achieved the global number one position in 3G with the most 3G customers in the industry.
From 2005-2007, Markus was a member of the management team of Siemens Mobile Networks with direct responsibility for Strategy and Marketing. In this capacity he was shaping the merger between the networks divisions of Nokia and Siemens from the beginning. From 2001-2005 he served as Head of the Global Customer Unit Vodafone for Siemens Mobile Networks, which he transformed the strategic relationship between the companies, increased the market share significantly and grew the business by more than 50%.
Before joining Siemens Mobile, Markus headed up the Business Unit Telecommunications for Siemens Business Services, the IT Services Group of Siemens, in Germany and served as Global Account Director Deutsche Telekom for Siemens Nixdorf Information Systems. Markus was posted in Singapore as Sales Manager in the early nineties. He started his professional career as a software developer for Siemens in Germany and France and as consultant at Corporate Strategy of Siemens Nixdorf information Systems.
Markus received a MS in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology from the Technical University of Munich in 1991. He was a member of the Sloan Fellows Program, earning an MBA from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2001.
Markus is married and has three children. His recreational interests include reading, mountain biking, skiing and the outdoors.