- Portfolio A to Z
- Carrier Ethernet Transport
- Customer Care Automation
- Customer Experience Management (CEM) for Liquid Net
- Device Management
- Heterogeneous Networks
- Integrated Packet Transport Network
- Mobile Backhaul
- Mobile Site Connectivity
- Multi Vendor Configuration Management and Optimization
- Multilayer Optimization
- Multiservice IP Backbone
- Network Sharing
- Operator Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Policy Integration Package
- Quality of Service Differentiation
- Self Organizing Networks
- Service Operations and Management
- Smartphone Friendly Networks
- Subscriber Data Management
- Voice over LTE
- WCDMA Refarming
- Liquid Net
- Customer Experience Management
- Latest launches and updates
- Business Needs
- News & Events
- Innovative thinking
- About us
- Global presence
- Government relations and policies
- Contact us
- Directory of contacts
Japan, globally renowned for its innovation capabilities and high quality standards, is one of three priority markets (with Korea and USA) in our strategy to focus on becoming the highest quality and most innovative mobile broadband company.
With more than 600 people working in Japan, Nokia Siemens Networks is a leading provider of Mobile Broadband solutions and network services, and has a significant local presence. As Japanese mobile operators quickly evolve their 3G wireless infrastructure to LTE, we have a major role to drive the development of advanced technologies and provide holistic solutions, including energy-friendly small size base stations, core and transport network products and network management software, to progressive customers.
We work with several major customers, including NTT DOCOMO, KDDI and Softbank Mobile.
Where we operate
We currently have teams in Tokyo (Roppongi, Hibiya), Kawasaki, Yokosuka, Sapporo, Sendai, Kanazawa, Nagoya, Osaka, Marugame, Hiroshima, and Fukuoka.
How we deliver for our customers
With a footprint in 150 countries, global scale is a key strength for Nokia Siemens Networks.
Requirements from Japanese customers do not necessarily correspond to global standards, so our mission is to understand the challenges of our customers and customize our solutions and services carefully, coupled with strong development capability with a global production structure.
On the other hand, Nokia Siemens Networks also helps Japanese operators standardize their technologies in many standards organizations, and drives the Japanese telecom environment in complying with global standards. This means that we can deliver global products and services, which produce higher lifetime value for our customers and improve the end-user experience.
Some highlights from Japan:
- More than 50 million Japanese people use their mobile phone through network equipments (3G / 4G) supplied by NSN every day
- Nokia Siemens Networks is the only vendor to supply LTE technology (4G) to the three leading operators in Japan: NTT Docomo, Softbank Mobile, KDDI.
- R&D center established in 2009 to customize products for Japanese market (3G/4G), working closely with global R&D teams
- Network Operation Center set-up in 2011 for remote management and monitoring of network elements across Japan
- Outdoor Lab in Isehara, opened in 2012, where Japanese operators can gain firsthand experience of the company’s energy-efficient solutions in a real-life environment