The Nokia Siemens Networks Code of Conduct outlines our commitment to high ethical standards.
The Code covers:
We will respect the rights laid down by the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights, including:
- Freedom from discrimination on any grounds
- Freedom from arbitrary detention, execution or torture
- Freedom of peaceful assembly and association
- Freedom of thought, conscience and religion
- Freedom of opinion and expression.
We are committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct and full compliance with all applicable national and international laws, including issues such as:
- Labor conditions
- Antitrust and promoting fair competition
- Prevention of bribery and corruption
- Good corporate governance
- Protection and recognition of copyright, company assets and other forms of intellectual property
- Privacy and data protection.
We are determined to be environmentally aware in all we do, going beyond compliance by improving the environmental performance of our operations and throughout the lifecycle of our products.
We are committed to provide a safe and healthy workplace where all employees are treated with respect and provided with equal opportunities for development.
We have strict zero tolerance on corruption. Employees must avoid any activity that can lead to a conflict of interest, including:
- Gifts and hospitality
- Bribes and facilitation payments
- Political donations.
We require our business partners and suppliers to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and encourage them to go beyond compliance to improve their management of ethical, environmental and social issues.
How the Code is implemented in practice, how potential violations are reported and investigated.