We’ll help you deliver cost-effective coverage and capacity in your mobile broadband network. With Nokia Siemens Networks’ comprehensive portfolio of Small Cells products and services, you have all the tools you need to address your customers’ ever-increasing appetite for mobile data.
The traditional way of building a cellular network is to use big macro cells, allowing good coverage of a particular area without the need for too many expensive cell sites. However, when deploying a mobile broadband data network, it is necessary to consider network capacity as well as cost-effective coverage
Modern wireless data standards from GPRS to EDGE to HSPA and Long Term Evolution (LTE) use adaptive modulation schemes which means that the better the signal quality, the higher the data rate. Therefore, a basestation is at its most efficient when all the users in the cell are very close by.
Also, the resources of the cell are shared among all the users of that cell, meaning that the user experience is best when there are a small number of subscribers on the cell.
So the fastest, most efficient mobile broadband data network would serve a few users per cell, and would have its antennas close to the customers – Small Cells!
We believe that Small Cells are a key ingredient of the unified Heterogeneous Network concept, which is part of our vision for a Liquid Net - a network where capacity flows freely to match demand.
Our Small Cells portfolio includes:
- Flexi Zone: multiple, locally managed access points are used to create a network of interconnected small cells
- Flexi Lite Base Station (BTS): a micro/pico Node B, providing excellent capacity and coverage from a very small unit
- Smart Wi-Fi: a carrier-grade, end-to-end solution for building, optimizing and controlling Wi-Fi networks that integrate seamlessly with cellular networks.
- Femtocell: cost-effective indoor residential and enterprise coverage solution, using consumer-grade customer premises equipment
- In Building Solution (IBS): a suite of custom-fit products and services for indoor coverage and capacity, including distributed antennas, relays and repeaters
- Services for HetNets: help you deal with urban congestion by providing the best capacity upgrade plan in hotspots (including small cells, In-building solutions and Wi-Fi). This way, you can add capacity where needed the most and can deploy the most effective solution to tackle the congestion.
Nokia Siemens Networks also offers a wide portfolio of supporting products, solutions and services, such as Small Cell backhaul products, Self-Optimizing Networks solutions, planning and dimensioning services, and network management tools.
The business benefits
- Delivers a better customer experience
- Enables flexibility to respond to market and environmental changes
- Delives maximum value from your spectrum assets
- Cost-effectively expands your mobile broadband network
Why Nokia Siemens Networks?
We have the vision, the understanding and the experience to deliver the right Small Cells products for your network.
We have a complete portfolio of Small Cells products and services, including the supporting solutions and services to deliver a unified Heterogeneous Network.
Contact us to find out more about how Small Cells can help you build your mobile broadband network.