Managing network asset life cycle challenges
As networks have become more complex, operators have come under increasing pressure to reduce CAPEX and OPEX at all points in the hardware ownership lifecycle.
Maximizing the value of aging or obsolete equipment in an environmentally responsible way is now an important part of this management challenge. But most operators do not have the time, skills or resources to do the necessary work themselves.
Maximum value, minimum environmental impact
Nokia Siemens Networks Asset Recovery Solution offers a customizable combination of Recycling, Refurbishment and Brokerage services that enables operators to:
- Reduce obsolescence costs by converting obsolete inventory into useful raw material, re-usable inventory, or even cash
- Reduce network development CAPEX, either by offsetting the sale of dismantled equipment against the purchase of new equipment, or by purchasing pre-owned equipment instead of new equipment
- Reduce OPEX by minimizing the warehousing requirement for obsolete inventory
- Source emergency and stop-gap products or spares that are not readily available on the prime market or are out of production
- Comply with environmental regulations by reducing or eliminating toxic waste, landfill and other high-impact by-products of traditional waste disposal
- Focus on core business operations, safe in the knowledge that the identification, redeployment, recycling, certification and sale of idle or obsolete assets is being handled by experienced professionals using internationally recognized technical and safety standards.