End-user centric Services for HetNets to relieve urban congestion the targeted way.
Services for HetNets targets operators who are struggling with congested urban areas and offers a unique 3-step end-user based approach to analyze, optimize and deploy small cell, in-building and Wi-Fi solutions in locations where they are needed the most. This approach increases end-user experience, avoids over or under dimensioning and saves spectrum.
To enlarge click here
Supported by a wide range of tools and unique methodology, Services for HetNets offers a unique end-user based profiling of the capacity hotspots in an urban area. Device types, application use, traffic type and RF conditions are included in the analysis and correlated with Geo-locations tools. The correlation of all data provides the best capacity forecast for radio and backhaul. This is also supporting the planning of the perfect capacity upgrade based on Small cells, Wi-Fi and In-building solution, while identifying the best macro layer optimization strategy to cope with it. With this approach Nokia Siemens Networks evolves from the traditional thinking in macro layers to end-user behavior based planning and optimization. This way the right upgrade solution is placed in the right place at the right cost, whilst maximizing existing resources and boosting end-user experience.
The business benefits
- Avoid over dimensioning; Approx. 20% savings on TCO
- Small cells placed close to demand; Approx 20% more users can access highest throughput
- Minimal impact on spectrum
- Increase revenue as no longer congestion issues
Why Nokia Siemens Networks?
- End-user centric analysis of the traffic hotspots based on traffic type, applications, radio frequency (RF) power, device type and end-user satisfaction
- Correlation of data from 7 different tools through evolved methodology by experts.
- Combination of macro optimization to maximize existing equipment and mitigate interference.
- Business case for best upgrade plan in line with the operator’s strategy.
- Combination of in-building solution (IBS), Wi-Fi and small cells to address all issues in an urban area.
- Analysis and upgrade plan for both backhaul and radio.
Contact us to learn more about Planning and Optimization services for HetNets.