Broader coverage and higher indoor speeds for 3G services without investing in new sites.
Cost effective way to extend and improve 3G services with your frequency spectrum
WCDMA Refarming Solution focuses on how to deploy WCDMA/HSPA within 900MHz or 850MHz bandwidth currently used for GSM networks. In WCDMA refarming, the available spectrum needs to be divided between GSM and WCDMA/HSPA and sufficient GSM capacity must be ensured.
Our WCDMA Refarming Solution increases radio network efficiency by improving the indoor coverage, enhancing end user experience in urban area and offer rural mobile broadband to reach new users.
The business benefits
- Decreased CAPEX and OPEX for Operators (WCDMA 900MHz enables deployment of 3G coverage with 50-70% fewer sites and 2-3 times increased cell area compared to WCDMA 2100MHz)
- Increased 3G service availability to subscribers (in urban areas HSPA 900MHz boosts HSPA data rates by 60-130 % compared to HSPA 2100MHz)
Why Nokia Siemens Networks?
Nokia Siemens Networks is the world’s most experienced vendor in WCDMA network refarming with over 40 WCDMA 900 MHz references, accounting for over half of the market and 20 WCDMA 850 references
- World's first commercial WCDMA/HSPA900 network by NSN (Elisa, Finland in Nov 2007)
- Flexible selection of bandwidth allocated to WCDMA carrier depending on the operator’s spectrum: from 4.2 MHz down to even as narrow spectrum as 3.8 MHz.
- First Dual Cell HSPA+ Refarming solution to offer 3G mobile broadband at 42 Mbps peak data rate. Configurable Carrier Bandwidth also allows operators to deploy Dual Cell HSPA+ refarming services in 7.6 MHz (2 ×3.8 MHz) of bandwidth, which is substantially less than the 10 MHz conventionally needed by networks for two carrier solutions
- Unique GSM software features - Liquid radio GSM Software Suite - supports re-farming with extremely narrow frequency bandwidth with same GSM performance. It frees up 35% of spectrum capacity for refarming WCDMA and LTE, introduces QoS differentiation for a superior customer experience and enables smartphone users to receive voice calls while connected to data services.
- Nokia Siemens Networks offers planning and implementation services for WCDMA and LTE re-farming to help operators to increase network performance and capacity
Contact us to learn more about how our refarming solution can help you extend and improve your 3G services.